How to Stay Warm
With most of the lower 48 in the throws of an arctic blast and the national average at just over 17˚F, I've complied a few products I recommend to keep you warm and looking good.
- Uniqlo Heattech - Thin and great for layering, it is far and away the best base layer I've tried. They even come in long sleeve v-necks for use under a button up.
Starting at $12
- Uniqlo Ultra Light Down - I'm a big fan of Uniqlo for finding a nice balance between price and quality. Their ultralight down is one of the most affordable on the market and works quite well. Size down if you want to layer it under another jacket or blazer. Starting at $59
- Suit Supply - Your outer layer is important. You want to be warm while avoiding the Michelin man look. The Pure Wool and Pure Cashmere overcoats from Suitsupply are incredibly soft and warm letting you look tailored at the height of winter.
Starting at $469
- Cashmere Scarf - You loose a lot of heat from the top of your jacket and even through the zipper. I prefer the feel of Loro Piana but almost any brand will do when warmth is your main concern.
- Smart Gloves - Make sure the tips of your fingers have conductive threads or pads that let you interact with your mobile devices. The gloves only help if you can actually wear them.
Starting at $25